Saturday, February 16, 2008

I hae been praying ALOT! Mostly about praising the Lord for our trials. All from Psalm (I just open the bible and these were before me this am at work)
Some scriptures I have been reading:

Psalm 116:7
"Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you.

Psalm 117:2
"For great is his love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever."

Psalm 118:13-16
"I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the Lord helped me.
The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
...The Lord's right hand has done mighty things!
The Lord's right hand is lifted high;
the Lord's right hand has done mighty things!"

Psalm 118:18
"The Lord has chastened me severely
but he has not given me over to death."

Psalm 118:29
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
his love endures forever."

Lord, you have done mighty things in my life! You have presented me with miracles everyday! How can I ever doubt your love for me? You have been so good to me! I praise you and give thanks to you! I AM TRULY YOURS! IN YOUR GRACIOUS AND HOLY, HOLY NAME!
AMEN

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow...You are living out what it means "to praise Him in this storm." Your grace is inspiring and you are witnessing to both believers like me and those who don't yet know Jesus. I linked your blog to mine so that those people I have asked to pray for you can follow this spiritual journey you are on. It is really something to witness. I cannot wait to meet you all when we come visit Michele and Barry in March.--Debbie Norberg

Debbie said...

Have you heard this song by Casting Crowns called "Praise you in This Storm?" This clip reminded me of you ....

I was sure by now
God, You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands

For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

"Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns.

Debbie Norberg

Runner Girl said...

I found your blog through "This is the Life" and have to say I am so touched...touched by your daughter and touched by your radiant faith in our Lord, Jesus. I love your cling-to scriptures in your most recent post and felt compelled to share my very favorite...."He is my loving God and fortress, my stronghold and deliverer, my Savior and my God!" Blessings to you, your family, and sweet Ava.