Sunday, February 10, 2008

My little girl is back...

Well, since most of you that are viewing this also view the caring bridge website, I am going to write things that are more on my mind-kinda a journal if you guys don't mind.
When I first found out I was pregnant I was EXCITED as most of you know that feeling. Then my next thought was, I HOPE IT ISN'T A GIRL! What a thought right? Well, for me, a girl would be horrible b/c of the fear of raising girls these days. Do I really know how to raise a girl? What if she and I are too much alike and we fight? I don't know how to teach her to wear makeup, dress nice or fashionably, or do a pedicure (I always have Jennifer do that for me). Am I a good enough role model for her?
Those questions are all good, but the real question is...How can I teach her to be a Godly Woman? Any thoughts or suggestions? Well, God has presented me with a lesson plan for her. I see it every day. That is why I try to film her, take pictures of her, journal about her progess and trials, and journal my challenges. Through me she can see Christ, through Shane she can see how a Father should be and how THE Father is.
For now, from what the doctors first said about her condition from the strokes is that her personality would be affected. This last week, she has blossomed! There is definitely a miracle working before me and everyone around her. I think her first lesson has proved successful...shine your light through me. He is shining His light through Ava. I see it everyday in her smile and beautiful green eyes. And my lesson is a success as well...I can SEE IT! I can see HIM!
AMEN!

4 comments:

christa said...

You sound happy, I am so glad for that. I missed that about you during all this, I am sure it is hard to be "happy" through this but I am glad YOU are back too!

Debbie said...

Jill,

Don't you know that you are already teaching Ava how to be a Godly woman through the grace and obedience you have shown through this whole trial!!??? Your blog and your caringbridge journal give evidence to that...Ava already has the light of the Lord beaming through her for all to see...she has already been called upon the Lord as one of His...and what a testimony she has...Wow. I am truly in awe of all of you. I can only standby and watch from afar..but what a great witness it is. God is so good...
Debbie Norberg (Michele Durham's sister)

The Lancasters said...

Jill! It's good to hear good news :) I am sorry Christa & I didn't get to see you and Shane the other day at the hospital but hopefully we will soon. Love you and am praying for ya!

Just Amber said...

You are such an awesome mom! Ava is so blessed to have amazing parents like you and Shane. She is improving so much! LOve you guys:)